Burn injuries are some of the most painful and debilitating injuries. If you have suffered a burn injury, you may find it difficult to work for an extended period of time and can suffer permanent disfigurement, numbness, and sometimes pain.
The common types of burns are chemical (strong acids and bases), thermal (hot liquids and objects, fire), electrical (exposed wiring), and light (intense ultraviolet or visible light). Common causes of burn injuries include:
- Workplace burns from:
- Hot machinery
- Chemicals in the workplace
- Poorly insulated wires
- Workplace fires
- Burns at home or at a business:
- Defective space heaters, or other unsafe products and machines
- Hot-liquid spills
- Exposed wiring
- Cosmetic lights or lasers used by unskilled technician
- Burns on the roadway
When you suffer a burn injury as a result of someone else’s negligence or deliberate misconduct, you have a right to compensation for the full cost of your injury, including:
- Medical expenses including:
- Hospital and doctor’s fees
- Reconstructive surgery
- Lost wages and/or vocational training for a new job if your injury prevents you from returning to prior trade
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
If you have suffered a burn injury, you need a lawyer who is prepared to seek the full measure of compensation to which you are entitled. Contact the burn injury lawyers in South Carolina at McWhirter, Bellinger, & Associates, P.A. today for a free initial consultation.
With offices in Aiken, Camden, Columbia, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, and Sumter, South Carolina, our personal injury lawyers are ready to serve you.
For immediate help, call today at 888-353-5513.