March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, and part of becoming aware is to inform yourself of the prevalence and scope of brain injuries in America. Traumatic brain injury is not uncommon in the US and affects people of all different ages, from young children to seniors. Please take the time to review the following statistics regarding TBI:
- Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injury and are the cause of about 32 percent of fatalities related to TBI
- At least 5.3 million Americans live with disabilities caused by traumatic brain injury
- The most common causes of TBI are falls, motor vehicle accidents, struck by/against events, and assault
- TBIs can cause a wide array of lasting effects, which may include cognitive impairment, physical impairment, memory problems, sensory problems, emotional changes, and depression
- At any age, males are more likely to suffer a brain injury than females
Traumatic brain injury is a widespread problem. Our attorneys are proud to advocate for people who have suffered this devastating injury and to tirelessly pursue compensation on their behalf.
If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury in a motor vehicle accident or in another type of incident caused by someone else’s negligence, please call McWhirter, Bellinger & Associates at (888) 353-5513 for a free case evaluation. Our experienced attorneys serve all of South Carolina, including Columbia, Aiken, Newberry, Orangeburg and Lexington.